Tuesday, September 23, 2014

That One Annyoing Question

Breaking News! Believe it or not, food will taste the same at a booth or a table.


As I do every Monday, I was hostessing at the restaurant I work at. I love getting the chance to dress up and do something different for a change; somehow it's always an adventure. My day started off great, until the restaurant started to get busier and fuller. As the regulars started to come in and the number of booths started to dwindle, my level of annoyance started to climb. As I was seating one older couple at a table, the woman turns to me and says, "You know what I am going to ask you, right? Can we have a booth?". As I stand there trying not to scream in this lady's face, she points out the only empty booth in the restaurant and asks to have it, but of course the booth has dirty plates and glasses all over, and needs wiped off. So, I clean off the dirty booth for the woman and her husband, all the while secretly wishing the booth seat would fall out from under her at some point while she gobbled down her eggs and bacon.
I haven't figured out if people think they are too good or noble to sit at a table, or if they really think the food will taste better when sitting at a booth. Either way, people should learn the common courtesy of sitting exactly where the host/hostess seats them. They do not just seat you there for no good reason at all, there is a reason you are being sat where you are. These reasons could vary from table rotation, server breaks, or just the shear fact that the booth you want is dirty and hasn't been cleaned yet.
So, to all you picky-ass people out there, PLEASE SIT WHERE THE HOSTESS SEATS YOU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment